Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Tilapia Day!

I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving. We certainly did... we had a small, simple seafood dinner with Mike's brother and sister-in-law and their kids since most of the family is out of town this year. We had homemade clam chowder and corn pudding prepared by my sister-in-law, which were both delicious, along with roasted veggies and broiled tilapia that I brought along. It was fun to have something a little different for Thanksgiving dinner, and the company was wonderful. At one point during one of those natural lulls in conversation we all heard my nephew call out "I see you pee!" His older brother had played the classic trick of asking him to spell "I cup." We all cracked up as we saw him slowly realize what he'd said. Nothing like some well-timed potty humor! 

After dessert we all went to see the new Disney movie, Bolt, in 3D. It was a really cute movie, genuinely funny, and I almost cried a few times... what can I say, I'm a sucker for a dog story, even if it's only an animated dog. The 3D effect was fun and the animation was pretty impressive - computer drawings have come a long way. Even the fur looked like fur - pretty cool.

Mike is at work this morning, but probably only for a half day. I am avoiding the shopping madness today. Tonight we're invited out for a glass of wine with a colleague of mine and may go stroll around downtown to see the Christmas lights in the Gene Leahy mall.

0 comments: