Monday, March 10, 2008

Bad Vanity Plates of Nebraska

A note on the sidebar: since moving to Omaha I've noticed there is an unusual prevalence of vanity plates on Nebraskan cars, and also how exceptionally corny most of them are. I've started jotting them down as I drive around, which is a sometimes daunting and potentially hazardous task, since on a typical day I'll see at least four or five without even looking for them. I don't count plates that relate to business, since in my view those are pretty much the only acceptable kind of vanity plate. I also don't count Iowans, although sometimes I wish I did, because theirs are almost as bad.

2 comments:

Chris said...

i saw a vanity plate in orange county a few weeks ago that said "BLCKTTY" and i thought, "black titty? does that really say black titty?" then me and the other people in the car i was riding in discussed who might have a vanity plate that says "black titty." the owner of black tail magazine? a black stripper? but then we pulled up along side the car and it was an old white woman. it was then that i realized that she was driving a black jaguar, her "black kitty."

Kate said...

I was just writing a blog on bad vanity plates, and I found your blog. I agree with Chris, sometimes they can be confusing but I find myself liking them sometimes.